Thursday, June 03, 2004

Fixing Chontie's Seatbelt Warning Light

I had my alarm set this morning for 6:30am because I was supposed to take Chantal's car to Mt Gravatt to get the seatbelt warning light fixed. It had to be there at about 8am. I didn't wake up however until 7:15am when Chantal came out of the shower to find me still asleep. I explained to her that I thought it was her alarm going off (as is usually the case in the morning at about 6:30. So - in my half-asleep dazed state - I just turned it off and went back to sleep even though Chontie had placed the phone in my hand, so I would wake up.

I got there eventually anyway to drop the car off. I must have been still half asleep or at least one third asleep, because I thought the guy said it would be ready at four to be picked up. It didn't click until I was walking out of the place that was eight hours just to change over a belt clip. I presumed he must have meant 12 and went to the Mt Gravatt library. It was closed so I took a few pictures - there wasn't much scenery - and read some of my book, but it was really cold so I went to the Coffee Club that was up the street. Incidentally, it was the place that Chantal and I went to, the first time I stayed at her place if I remember correctly.

Anyway, it was soon 9 o'clock and the library was open. I skimmed through a few books and magazines. There was a person there who was in one of those motorized scooter things and every time he reversed, there was this loud beep beep beep, it was really annoying. I went to the Mt Gravatt shopping centre to get something to eat and go to the bathroom, then back to the library. At 12 I went to check if the car was finished (I really hoped it was). It was a different guy at the counter, but I just said I was here to pick up a car for "Petit" and he just got me to sign and gave me the keys. Quite relaxed security I thought.


Mt Gravatt at 8:15am. Taken from the Mt Gravatt library.

No comments: