Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The Adventures of Gooey Blog - Chapter I

Off the Wall

Despite what you might think, it is not at all exciting being a blog of gooey stuff on the wall. The wall I called home and had been there for a little while just watching and listening - I had quite good hearing - to the things going on around me. How I got there, on that particular wall was quite a mystery to me as I could gather no recollection of climbing up the wall myself, although I must admit my memory is not that great. One time, a long long time ago it seems, I remember once finding myself up on the ceiling looking down on everything; it all looked so small. I didn't stay there too long though, but I still don't know how I got up there.

Anyway, so the wall was my home then; it was quite nice and I liked it a lot, but I wanted to leave. It's not that it was so bad, but sometimes I like to just do things for a change, for no reason, but to change. Also it gets quite boring where I was sometimes. I can handle quite a bit of boredom without usually getting that bored, but that day I was just feeling much too much like having some kind of adventure, rather than just sitting on the wall looking around and listening. I have quite good hearing did you know? I like to go on little adventures every so often, for no reason though, just for the hell of it.

It isn't too for down to the ground from where I was, only a couple of hundred centimeters, so I unstuck myself from the wall. This can be quite hard to do at times because I am quite sticky, I really am. Anyway, after a while I got unstuck from the wall and was on my way down. I like the feeling of falling, the air rushing past me really fast. Once I had like a really vivid dream that I was falling from a great height. It was a good dream; I liked it, but then I woke up and was still on the wall. After about a second or so I went splat on the floor. It didn't hurt; some people think it hurts when I go splat on something hard, but it doesn't. I don't know why, but it doesn't at all. I guess its a good thing really.

It was the middle of the day and no one was around. The only ones that were around were the fish in the other room. I hear them all the time and have had the occasional conversation with them from time to time. I don't really much like talking to them though, but I thought I'd better at least say goodbye before I left. They're the only ones that might even notice I'm gone. Sometimes they get bored with swimming around I suppose, so they try to strike up a conversation with me every so often, but they usually don't have very much to talk about. I picked myself up from the floor; it was hard though because I was all flat out on the ground and I'm quite sticky as you know. After that I started running over to the fishtank, which was in the other room. I don't know why I was running, I just felt like running I guess. I was all wound up and everything.

I was all out of breath when I got to where the fishtank was. I can get quite out of breath very easily, especially when I run; I'm in terrible shape. I looked up and called out to the fish. They were on this chest of drawers type thing, it was really high, about a million centimeters and all. I didn't know if they could hear me so I called again, this time louder. I can't really call that loud though, especially when I'm out of breath. I didn't see the fish come out and I suddenly started to feel like not saying goodbye to them anyway, so I started for the back door.

I didn't run this time, but just strolled over real casual like. I imagined I was in one of those cartoons where the main character is always about to embark on a great adventure and getting himself all geared up for it. I hate cartoons, I really do, but I imagined I was in one just for fun. It was sort of really fun too. I imagined all the things I would do on my adventure, all the people I would meet and the different things I would get up to. I started to really get into it and all. But by the time I got to the door, I was kind of getting over it. I'm always getting over things before I've even done them, so I sat up against the door and looked around for a bit.

From where I was, I could see my old place on the wall, way off in the distance. I wasn't sure how long I'd spent sitting up against the door, but suddenly I thought of just scrapping the whole idea of going on an adventure and go back up onto the wall. There was quite a big gap underneath the door. I looked out under the door, boy it was big. It was about the biggest place I have ever seen out there. There were no walls anywhere, just a whole lot of blue and green and lots of things moving and swaying. I started getting quite nervous and all - I can get very nervous at times. I decided just to put a little part of me under the door just to see what it was like. I squashed out a small part of me - I guess you could call it my foot - and slowly pushed it under the door. I felt like a really cold breeze, which kind of reminded me of falling. I kept my foot out there for a little while. I kind of liked it and wasn't feeling half as nervous as I was before, but I was still thinking of scrapping the whole idea of going on a big adventure and just wanted to go back to my wall.

Just then I felt something latch onto me from the other side of the door. Before I knew it, I was being pulled through the gap under the door. Boy was I scared.

6 comments:

Kat said...

cool. i think a cat should try n attack Gooey Blog n then a llama comes n saves it.

Deanna said...

oohh what happens next you can't just leave us hanging like that ggggrrrr i like Kattys idea :o)

katia said...

what was my idea?? i wanna know!!! tell me!!!!

Deanna said...

The cat idea :o)

Kat said...

the cat idea tis my idea but i thinks an evil llama should pretend to save it then then it has ulterior motives and a caterpillar saves it

Ingabish said...

Why is Gooey Blog leaving us? Thats just mean. We're all being his friends and supporting him and he just ups and leaves. NO ADVENTURE FOR YOU MISTER GOOEY BLOG! GO BACK TO YOUR WALL!!