Monday, August 02, 2004

Phone

Hmm. Ok this is the deal. I order my phone off the virgin website on a $30 plan. It arrives without them calling me to check my order (like they called ben) and it arrived without them checking my id like they're supposed to. Anyway, I get the phone out and call up the virgin place to set it up, but the guy's an idiot and apparently set it up as a pre paid, as i find out after being told i have no credit left. I ring virgin on sunday at like 4:30pm ish to tell them about it and the guy says he'll fix it for me and to turn my phone off for 5 minutes in 15 minutes and it'll be fixed. So i wait and i wait and i turn it off and on and it comes up with a message "Sim card registration failed". So i call them again around 5:30 and the girl tells me there were errors and it should be fixed by 1pm Monday. She insists i give her a contact number for her to call me when it is fixed "So i dont have to keep calling them". So i give them my work number. No call. Still not working by 3:30pm, so i call again. This girl tells me they've tried and have had errors and she's get her supervisor to fix it and it'll be fixed sometime that day, and that'll they'll call me when its fixed. So i leave my phone off, waiting by the landline phone for it to ring. 7:30pm and they still havent rung, so i turn my phone on and it works..
BLoody hell.
On the flip side, all the calls and sms's i've made so far are free cus virgin give $29 credit with their virgin prepaid phones... lol

4 comments:

katia said...

urgh how annoying.. but atleast you got $30 free credit i guess.

getting my phone was not quite as annoying but still almost as

mine ordered over the phone, and they said it would take 10working days to arrive... in 10 working days we called up asking where the phone was and they said they sent it and didnt know where it was and that they didnt know the courier number. The reality was that they hadnt even sent it out, anyways so we called up a couple of times getting really angry and no one knew who to direct the call too so they kept saying that they will call us back.. but they didnt. Anyways in the end we FINALLY got hold of the guy who organised it, by this time we were very angry anyways we yelled at him and got very angry and a few days later the phone arrived.

Similar story with mums phone, harvey norman sold us a faulty phone which i got mum for christmas and they wouldnt exchange it cause i didnt have the receipt (i was staying at a motel with dad at the time and the cleaner threw it out) they didnt get my info on the computer when i purchased it like theyre supposto. So yeah anyways after i went to harvey norman, and thento a whole bunch of different phone shops trying to find where i could get it repaired (and no one knowing) jerry got really angry with harvey norman and called them, and i got the phone exchanged.. yay!

Moragg said...

I am through AAPT right, but prepaid and I ported my number from Vodafone (and I think that AAPT goes through Vodafone lines). My phone says Vodafone then changes to AAPT when I turn it on. And I have Vodafone on my message bank.

So, I needed to talk to Customer Relations about something right, so ring AAPT. He goes, "oh, I can't deal with that ring this number" So I ring and it is Vodafone Customer Relations. I am kept on hold for 45 minutes. The guy had said that I needed to ring from my mobile. So I did. It was a 1800 number (which I knew wasn't free from mobiles).

After 45 minutes (you know, you don't want to hang up in case they answer as you do) I hang up and ring AAPT back. He says "no, only they can deal with that". So I have been charged $20 of credit from holding on at Vodafone.

I email them telling them about it and get "Well, sorry, but you held on - talk to AAPT, they're your company" when I complained about the money. I then emailed back complaining that although it was common knowledge that 1800 numbers weren't free from mobiles (as they had said in their email) they had no call rate costs when I was connected to their line - it just said something about being 1800 free or something like that.

So they emailed back with "Unfortunately, you were stupid enough to hold on and anyway, your contract is with AAPT, we have no responsibility for you."

Three weeks later I needed something else and AAPT directed me to Vodafone again...

Ingabish said...

anyone else got any annoying mobile phone stories?

Ingabish said...

well that's not very interesting now is it :p