Friday, May 28, 2004

More Things You Don't Need to Know...

Last week I brought home a lot of old computer equipment from work as they were wanting to clear out the hallway of all the computer rubbish so they could use the space to have meetings or something. I was able to scavenge a few items including about two dozen keyboards, lots of mice, graphics cards, network cards, monitors and various other bits and pieces. I've managed to put together a very basic system from all the parts and am currently playing around with Mandrake Linux 10.0, trying to set it up as a server. I also tested out a very old laser printer last night. I didn't know if it would work, but it did, suprisingly well.

I'm also currently writing a play called Framing Harmony which is hopefully going to be performed at the ACU Alive! arts festival in August. It's a musical comedy about this girl called Harmony and this guy called Elijah... oh its too much to go into, so just come and see it in August.

Been playing Pikmin at night while chontie is asleep or falling asleep. She always makes me wear headphones because the noise irritates her (I don't know why). Anyway for those who don't know the story, you play this little space guy called "Olimar" who has crashlanded on a strange planet and you have to find parts of your ship with the help of these even littler guys called Pikmin. I've just finished day 7 out of 30 and have collected 7 parts out of 30. Last night I hurried to collect 2 parts in one day as a few nights ago I had missed out on collecting a part.

The other day I bought a copy of The Catcher in the Rye. I've been wanting to get it for a while now ever since I read a copy from the library a while back. I was watching the start of Six Degrees of Separation, where Paul's thesis is basically about how lots of people go crazy about this book "Catcher in the Rye" and shoot people or themselves. There's a big conspiracy theory about John Lennon's death involving the CIA and everything. Mark Chapman was apparently hearing voices telling him to shoot John Lennon or something, but he also said that he did it to draw attention to "Catcher in the Rye". Anyway I wanted to read the book again and I'm up to chapter four, just after Holden has been in the bathroom with Stradlater, who is shaving before his big date with a girl Holden used to live next door to.

Well, I better get back to writing my play. They are going to want to start rehearsing soon. At the moment they'd have half a play to rehearse. I'll just get myself a coffee.

No comments: