Wednesday, May 19, 2004

1 Terabyte email

I logged into my gmail account lot long ago and was suprised to find it reporting that my usual 1gig of space (1000MB) had been raised to 1000000MB, that's 1 million Megabytes or 1 terabyte. I checked Google news and found that they were "testing the waters" with 1000GB limits because a few other companies have raised their storage limits.

My question is: How am I ever going to fill up 1 terrabyte of space with email?

According to this website a terrabyte is enough to hold 1000 copies of the Encyclopædia Britannica. I'd better start emailing some more. At the moment I've used up 6MB, only 999994MB to go.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

Hmmm, according to new news articles, it seems it may have all been just a bug in the gmail system or a clever trick to get into the news.

Me said...

Post that email address and My friends and I will fill that sucker up.

Ingabish said...

um..