Saturday, February 17, 2007

Confession the tenth: I'm Not Paranoid

I’m not paranoid. I’m just adequately cautious I think, in this day and age. In this day and age you have to be. In this day and age, we are more vulnerable than ever, more vulnerable than ever in the history of the world. Aren’t you afraid? Don’t you watch TV? You really should. It will open up your eyes to all the things in this world that you really should be aware of, that you should be worried about. These are real things. They wouldn’t just put it on TV just for the hell of it, would they? I’m thankful that they find it in their hearts just to warn us of these impending perils in our society, otherwise how would we know about them? How would we know? Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to lock the door. You have to lock your door, all the time, otherwise who knows who could just walk right in and just help themselves to whatever they wanted, and I do mean, whatever they wanted. It’s a real danger. Who knows what might have happened to me, if I hadn’t been so stringent in locking my door all the time. I have bars on all the windows too. My friends say it looks like I’m living in a prison cell, but I’d rather sacrifice a few aesthetic niceties for the comfort and protection that those bars and reinforced locks afford. The other day on the news, they covered a story about a house break in, not too far from here actually, well, the other side of the city, but close enough to home to get my guard up alright. I don’t know how people can still, after all that has been televised about break-ins and robberies, still keep their doors open, welcoming intruders into their homes, their homes! You don’t know who could come walking by. Anyone really is a potential intruder. I don’t like it. I want to be safe, if not in my own home, then where? [More...]

No comments: